Welcome to the finest country club in
South Texas. The Club, established in 1922, is the only private
member owned country club in the area. This exclusive club takes
pride in a tradition of excellence that is evident by the fine quality
of the facility and staff. Click on the links to learn more.
Contact Roni at (361)
991-2811 or e-mail
From the 1919 Hurricane to the discovery of oil, the City’s fortunes
have been closely reflected in the history of the Club. The city’s
first golf course was located on North Beach and was washed away
in the 1919 storm. Corpus Christi Golf & Country Club was established
in 1922 on the old Kaler farm on Up River Road.
In the mid 1930’s oil was discovered on the course. Oil wells were located on the 3rd and 18th holes. During the great depression, lunch prices were dropped to 50˘ and the women’s golf association gave away golf balls for prizes. The Club was kept busy during the war years hosting parties, tournaments and dances. Defense bonds were given as prizes. The 1950’s ushered ina new era of prosperity for both the City and the Club.
In 1964 the Club was moved from Up River Road to it's present location at 6300 Everhart Road, where an 18-hole Robert Trent Jones designed course, new clubhouse and tennis facility were built. The new location continues to host the City's finest social and athletic events.
Throughout it's prestigious history, Club events have attracted celebrities such as: Bing Crosby, President Howard Taft, Babe Didrikson Zaharrias, Johnny Weissmuller, Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, Phil Blackmar, Willie Nelson, Nolan Ryan and many more.